You Only Thought Everyone was Finished Posting about the 4th of July...(and a little teaser)

Sooo...I know you were sick of 4th of July posts about one day after the 4th of July...but just keep reading :) There is a little exciting hint at the end of some other happenings in the Perry household too. (No, we're not pregnant haha)  But don't skip to the end...that's like reading the first and last pages of a book.  Not how it works ;)


The hubby and I quickly realized after getting married (and maybe a little before) that we would have to learn to balance time with each of our families on holidays.  The 4th of July was no different, but I have to say I think we balanced well and we definitely had a great day!

We started off the day by sleeping in...and by sleeping in I mean sleeping until about 7:45 and laying in bed until about 8:30. Yeah, I know that barely qualifies as sleeping in.  Then, we headed to my parents for brunch!  I can hear your thoughts now..."4th of July brunch?! I've never heard of a tradition like that..." Well, we had never done it either, but with several family events to balance, it worked well for us and we might have just started our own new tradition :)  My brothers were both at other events so it was just us and the parents.  We got to their house and there was quite the spread- homemade pancakes, bacon and omelets by my dad and these cute and patriotic parfaits made by my mom!


It was delicious and so good to just chill with my parents for a bit.  Each time we hang out with them I am thankful for the example they are to us and for their wisdom and encouragement. Such a blessing!

After brunch, we headed a couple miles away to Andrew's Nana and Papa's house.  There we were greeted by lots of family and eventually, more food haha It was a lovely afternoon of just wandering between the conversations of the kitchen and living room and the bright outdoor views of the sunroom. Here are some moments I captured just playing around on our new camera...once again, I'm no expert.  Don't judge my technique.  I'm trying to learn but I also just enjoy having pictures of moments like these :)  Also, most are of our youngest cousin because she has just learned to crawl and it's basically adorable.






 How cute is this cake that Ava (our little cousin) made??



After a couple of hours there, we headed on to Andrew's mom's side of the family.  This year (like every year I think) was at his grandparents' house.  I love their "country" home.  The views are great and the land is so peaceful.  There is a lake, a wooded area, a work barn, a barn where his granddad stores his refurbished tractors (he's a pro at that), a garden, etc.  So much to see! Andrew was so sweet and got out their golf cart and gave me a nice tour around the land.  I love that he has so many memories there and I loved getting to hear each of them as we drove around the property.  The pictures really don't do it justice but I will share...





 Loved the way the light was captured on this one...



After all of the family festivities of the day, we made the decision that staying close to home for the rest of the evening was just what we needed.  We headed back to our house, ran in to get a blanket and some drinks and then made our way to our local park to settle in and watch fireworks.  I will readily admit that they were nowhere close to the best fireworks I've seen (I was spoiled when I was younger and lived in St Louis and got to see fireworks over the arch), but I still wouldn't have traded it for anything.  It was our first married 4th of July and there was just nothing better than spending it with family but also getting time for just the two of us.  Our spot was right by one of the lakes so we even got to watch the sunset cast beautiful lighting and reflections onto it....just perfect.  






Ok,  you made it through another blogger's post about 4th of July...Congratulations!!

Now for the little hint of things to come....There are big things happening within and around the Perrys..BIG.  My hint to you is this: 



If you have ready all of the little tabs across the top of the blog then you have read a bit about what is happening and what is in store for this.  Let's just say, God is doing as only He can do and working in ways that we could not explain even if we tried.  I am SO excited to share more with you about this, but for now, please just be praying for us.  Pray for wisdom and direction for Andrew and that the Lord will continue to mold me to be the supportive wife that A needs me to be as we enter this season of our marriage. 

Thank you for reading along...Whether it's your first time or your already a repeat visitor, I'm so thankful to be able to share with you what's happening at the Perrys' Place :)

Comments