The One Where I Start a Blog...


     Oh a blog....You know, I’ve promised myself for years that I would never start one of these.  Now before you take that offensively, you must know that somewhere in those years I started another blog. Yes, I put a trendy background on it and typed one or 2 posts.  Successful blogging, I know I know :) So now, here I am again, breaking that promise to myself.  

     In general, I have nothing against blogging.  I think it’s a great way for people to share things that they have been taught or are being taught, a cool thing they or their family did, a way someone decorated a certain room in their house, some sort of update on their children’s growth, etc.  All of those things are good, even beneficial.  I follow blogs that do those such things.  I think blogging only really starts to bother me when it is evident that the blogging has replaced something more sacred in life, like actual “unplugged” time with the family that is being blogged about.  That is why, though daily blogging is truly possible for some without interfering with quality time with family, I will not be able to (and just will not be) blogging daily.  That is in no offense to those who do.  I can just already tell you that it’s not possible for me right now and I don’t really want it to be that habitual anyway.  I don’t have any kids at this point.  It’s just me and the husband.  So I certainly am not busy in the sense of chasing little ones around our house and trying to soak in every minute of their lives.  That will come in due time.  However, with a full time job for both of us, I have to say that when I get to finally be at home with Andrew at the end of the day, I want to take that opportunity to have quality time with him.  Even besides that, there are still things around the house that have to get done in order for me to be able to maintain a somewhat well-kept home for us to return to at the end of each day.  As so many of you can relate, there is always laundry to be done (I have not caught up since I said “I do”...I know I know, “just wait until you have kids” :)), a kitchen to be cleaned up, dinner to be started, etc.  I don’t mean to make it sound like a chore list, but these are things that I desire to do on a pretty regular basis to maintain our home.  I am thankful that I get to do them because it means that we are getting to live the married life together.  And, don’t worry, since we both have about the same work schedule, the husband is quick to help me so that we can get those things done and have downtime with each other as well. 

     I know it may seem like I’m rambling. Probably because I am :) But, I have promised to be real, and real I will be.  I didn’t want to start a blog so that maybe, just maybe I could gain popularity in the online world, or because I have incredible insight on so many aspects of life.  I wanted to start blogging for 2 reasons:  Mostly, because it is an easy way to keep family and friends updated on our lives as the newlywed Perry family, and also because there may be a few others out there in the same phase of life we are, who might be able to relate to our day-to-day joys and struggles.  So, with all that being said, explore the blog some! I know there’s not much to it, but the tabs at the top will give you a little more background on us.  I may edit the look of the blog as time goes on, but if I’m being honest, it took me quite a bit of time to even give it the simple look that it has right now haha I’m no professional for sure! Ok, you probably already knew that. Now, get a quick look around and then put down that phone or computer you’re on.  I don’t want you to miss out on the here and now that God has provided for you!

Comments

  1. Yea!! A blog to keep those of us far away in the know. :) Much love to the Perrys from the Hinton home! Adding you to our blogroll now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! So glad to get to see yours too! Added you as well :) We love the Hintons and hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment! It will probably brighten my day :)