Random Thoughts of my Thursday

Hello to all of you out there.  So it's Thursday afternoon/evening and I'm writing a blogpost.  I seriously never thought I would see the day.  I wish you understood the circumstances that have to be out of whack for me to even be able to post on a weekday evening these days...First of all, Andrew is working a different shift at work this week to cover for one of his coworkers while he is out of town so he isn't home yet :( If he was, no offense but I would so be choosing time with him over time posting a blog.  Plain and simple.  Also, I vacuumed Monday evening, I'm waiting on the dishwasher to finish its cycle, and our dryer isn't working (And I thought I was about to finally have an empty laundry basket in the closet...who was I kidding??)  So, all of that being said, here I am...wishing and waiting for my husband to get home so we can eat dinner and spend our evening relaxing together.

I have quite a few things I have been wanting to post about on here...one I alluded to in a previous post and also here. However, I'm waiting on something specific to be able to share more on that. So, instead, I thought I would share some random thoughts I have had today...and when I say random, I really mean it.

1.  I am so thankful for Jesus.  Every day I realize more and more how much in need of Him I am.  On my own, I am a fleshly human being drowning in a miry pit of sin.  With Him, I am a sinner set free and clothed in His righteousness, on this earth to glorify Him.  Amen!

2.  I love my husband. And I don't care if you think that is cheesy, mushy, goes without saying, or whatever else.  He is seriously my best friend.  He makes me laugh more than anyone else.  He works hard, even when he doesn't feel like it.  He serves me in ways that I could never recount or come close to deserving.  He always makes sure to provide for me.  He is the bomb dot com, out of this world amazing.

3. I hate leaving for work in the morning.  I long for a world where both my husband and I can work from home.  I know, dream on.  But hey, you never know what's in store!

4. I am thankful for my job.  Even though I would love to be able to stay at home and take care of our household during the day (and have my husband home too and just hang out), I am thankful for how the Lord has given me peace and contentment and a wonderful job to go to every day. I get to be a nurse and work with kids.  It's a blessing.

5. I love getting to hear about what the Lord is doing in my friends' lives.  I am so thankful for the sweet friendships the Lord has blessed me with and the sense of community I am able to have with the women of my church, as well as other women.

6. I really like getting mail.  Blah blah blah about advancing technology.  Send me a handwritten note in the mail and my day is made.  Call me old-fashioned if you must :)

7.  We pay off my car next month and I could not be more thrilled!  Hello debt free!

8.  I can hardly wait to live in a house that we can paint, decorate, etc as we want to.  All in due time :) 

9. There are a lot of people I see on social media talking about both marriage and singlehood in very negative ways.  I have some thoughts on this...many in fact.  But I'm saving it for a project I am doing for/with a friend.  I'll post a link here when it's time.  So you'll just have to wait.  Until then, here's this: Don't forget that it's not about you and your comfort, it's about Jesus and His glory.  If you get that backwards you will only always be miserable, no matter which "category" you're in.

10. I love Fall.  It's my favorite season.  Therefore Summer always seems like it goes on forever.   When I was in school that was okay, but now that I have a job and such I could really take it or leave it.  I mean hooray for pools and an attempt at a tan, but bring on the crisp and cool air, the crunchy leaves, windows rolled down, scarves, boots, apple cider, and bonfires.  I mean, really people.  If you claim Summer is a better season then I automatically assume that either means you still get summers off of school and don't work, you live somewhere with a different climate, or you must be crazy.  There are no other options ;)

Ok, that's all...The hubby just called and said he's headed home so I'm going to go make sure I have everything done for the evening so we can enjoy the rest of our night together.  Thanks for reading and hooray for tomorrow being Friday!!!





Comments